Monday, August 11, 2014

Excited About What Is Happening


Cutest Kitties ever!
And then this happened...


HOLA!

So I'm sorry if this email is scatter brained....Hermana Snow and I can't focus because we are laughing so hard. There is an older gentleman on one of the other computers who has some huge head phones on and he is singing out loud completely off tune...and he doesn't realize how loud he is. Oh man. Good stuff.

Anyway this week was amazing! Leticia came to church!! AND she brought her grandson Derek who is 9 years old! It was so good to have them there! Derek was really shy and nervous to go to class but after church he had a sucker from his primary teacher and he looked perfectly content. He is super quite so in attempts to get him to talk more Hermana Snow and I were asking him some questions...Hna. Snow said...What do you like to do for fun? Derek pauses for a while then says....eat. haha Amen Derek amen! We are excited to keep teaching them!

Unfortunately we got a call from Ricardo saying that he will be in Wyoming permantly...at least for now. :( So hopefully he will be able to be taught when he comes back. But we passed by his house and his wife said that since we have been teaching him he has been so much more alert and not drinking as much. So hopefully we helped him out a little bit. Maybe planted some seeds.

We got an awesome referral from Hermana Perez Abreu!!! Her name is Manuela and come to find out her husband's name is Manuel. haha We went with Hna. Perez Abreu to contact her at her work and we set up an appointment. We went to the appointment and ended up teaching her husband as well. They are amazing! They currently go to church at some local place and they really like it but Manuel was saying that his life has changed so much for the better in the last 5 years because he has accepted God in his life and if our church can bring him more happiness then he will try it out! We were like....oh don't worry it will!!! :) haha We really believe they have been so prepared! They both committed to come to church but Manuel got called into work. I guess he is always on call. :( Hopefully next week!!! OH and they have heard about the church because their son goes to Utah State.....go Aggies!

We have had some really great lessons with Guatalupe! We talked a lot about baptism. She says she knows it's something God wants her to do but it's hard for her. She has a lot of excuses...one of them being that she thinks she will drown. But we are trying to work with her to get her past those little things. Right now she is praying about if she should be baptized and if you have any extra prayers she could really use it! We are meeting with her tonight! 

We had a great lesson with Luisa! We haven't been able to meet with her for a while because her youngest son has a lot of health issues that have been acting up lately. He has to be fed through a feeding tube every few hours and lately he can't leave the house because he is vomiting all the time. Poor little guy. Luisa is amazing though. She is still in good spirits and is doing all she can for her son. She still wants to get baptized but feels that she needs to come to church more and study in the Book of Mormon more. It's just hard because right now she can't leave her son to come to church and she hardly has time to read. I pray that she will be able to find the time to study and that Adrian will get feeling better. I don't know if I told you but they also might be moving to Miami soon depending on her husbands work. (Why do all my investigators slash recent convert move??) There are a lot of things going on in her life right now. She is just so ready for baptism it's crazy but we will all have to be patient and wait until she can come to church again either here or in Florida. I am just grateful I have the chance to know her. She is so prepared and so strong!!

Our recent convert Julian is also doing great! He is going through some hard times with his mom and family situation but his strength is just amazing. He went to the temple to do baptisms for the first time the other day and he said it was incredible. He was telling us how it went and said that he didn't know how to describe it but when he was being baptized for those people it didn't feel like it was him. He said I know I was there and I felt the spirit SO strong but I knew I was doing it for someone else. Oh man we were just so excited for him. We were also asking him this week if he feels like the gospel has changed his life...he said yes and we asked why. He explained to us that he now knows his purpose in life. He said...Before I found the church I had no idea who I was or my purpose here and now I know...then he went on to tell us that that is why he wants to serve a mission so that he can help others find that same purpose and belonging in life. That was one of the best moments on my mission. Indescribable.

Well sorry this week was just updates on everyone...I am just so excited about what is happening with each of these people. Being a missionary is awesome!

I hope you all have a fantastic end of your summer break! Good luck getting back into the swing of things. Mag's I'm glad you survived your crazy drill week! Bo, sounds like you are killin it in your tournaments...3 goals in one game! You rock! And Soph sounds like you will like the new studio! :) Super exciting!

Love you all so much!
Hermana England

There are SO MANY mosquitos here!!!! If I die of too
many bites just know that I love you all....
we counted and I have 34 just on my legs.



The dog bite...I know it's nothing - haha


Uncle Williey's...yum!


No comments :

Post a Comment