Monday, November 10, 2014

Crazy Busy But Really Fulfilling



This is a pic Hermana Luke drew
of me! ... I Love Candy Corn!

Hey Hey family,

Okay so there are like a gazillion things going on at home right now...Everyone is dating someone, or engaged, or pregnant (except Kenna :/) or going on adventures or school dances....Enough of all that....you were all supposed to pause your life for a year and a half until I got back...sheesh. In the spirit of being Christ like I guess I will forgive you.

This week was awesome. I feel like since I have such little time left I am trying to do SO MUCH at once. I feel like a chicken running around with it's head cut off! Anyway, even though it was crazy busy it was really fulfilling. 

We had an awesome dinner and lesson with the Arellanos, and then they didn't show to church!!! We were so bummed. Especially because Ashley wants to come so bad but if Leticia and Jaime don't come she can't either. Blahh! Hopefully they will come next week. They are progressing though. They watched the Restoration as a family for FHE :)

Miguel is the same. He comes to church every week and loves the Book of Mormon. He participates in Sunday school and priesthood classes. He answers all the baptismal questions perfectly until you get to the last one where it asks if you are ready to make this commitment and he flips. He always says he needs more time. We are trying to pray for the gift of discernment to really know what to do with him. I fasted yesterday and we decided that we really believe he could get baptized this week. Our plan is to pray SO HARD that he feels the spirit ULTRA STRONG at church (and when we teach him) and then pray SO HARD that it leave him as soon as he leaves the church so that he can feel the difference! We want him to see the need for the constant companionship of the Holy Ghost. I pray that Miguel will feel the difference and accept the invitation to be baptized this week. Say a little prayer for him! :)

Patty came to church as well. We taught her the Law of Chastity and it went surprisingly well. She is a little nervous that her date is so close but she is still preparing and working toward baptism. 

Estella was a no show at church :( We should be teaching her today so we will follow up with her on that. However she is keeping commitments to read and pray so I have hope that she will eventually come to church....hopefully eventually means next week! 

Things are going great here in FOCO. It doesn't feel real that my mission is almost over. I basically live in denial and then I have small moments where reality smacks me in the face and I have a mental break down....it usually ends in the fetal position on the floor. I'm trying to just focus on the people.

Well, have a great week! Love you all so much! 
Hermana England


It was Edler Sondrup's birthday
(One of the Elder's in our ward)
So we decorated their car before our
corrilation meeting!


No comments :

Post a Comment