Monday, November 17, 2014

I Plan On Working So Hard I Will Just Kill Over


 This old Hymn book belongs to one the members
here in Fort Collins. Joseph Fielding Smith,
Melvin J. Ballard & Bruce R. McConkie all lived
with her grandparents when they were missionaries
and signed the book! She has all the missionaries
that serve here sign it!


Joseph Fielding Smith


Bruce R. McConkie - Oct. 19, 1936


Melvin J. Ballard - Oct. 20, 1938


Hermana Macy England - Sandy UT -
November 2014


Mi querido familia!

Well this is it people I have one week left! Can you believe it? I can't. Seriously I really can't! Thank you for the package. I loved everything in it. I am very excited to see you guys again. 

This last week was great. It was chuck full (my companions all tell me I say that wrong...chalk full?). We had our first branch activity which went great, we also had a pie palooza for the ward. 

Elder Baxter of the 70 came to our mission for a mission tour and it was amazing! I can't even tell you how much I learned. It actually gave me so much peace about my mission ending. Heavenly Father knew I needed that! Plus he is from Scotland so we got to listen to his sweet accent all day...so much fun. It reminded me of Scott and his Scottish accent. Haha I miss the Florences. I am going to have to visit Texas soon! 
Well Miguel was not baptized but I think he is making progress. In this week's lesson we tried to focus on just being there for him and helping him feel and see our love for him. I think sometimes he thinks we just want to dunk him....which we do....but it's so much more than that. I am praying so hard that he can see our love and care and desire to be baptized.
This Saturday is Patty's baptismal day! She has been preparing so well and we feel that she is so ready to make this covenant. She is loving every step. She is a little hesitant to get baptized so fast because it is a BIG step, especially seeing as months ago she didn't even believe in Jesus Christ. Weather she gets baptized this week or just continues to progress towards baptism, I am so proud of her! She also hasn't told her family that she has been going to a Christian church, so I think she wants to tell them first. Either way keep Patty in your prayers. She is amazing! 

I don't remember if I told you about Kika but she is one of our new investigators! We had THE BEST lesson with her!!! Oh my word she is so prepared! We read the introduction of the Book of Mormon together and she LOVED it! She said it made so much sense! (Which it does...the gospel just makes so much sense) After we read the line where it says The Book of Mormon "tells men what they must do to gain peace in this life" She broke down crying. She told us of some trials she was experiencing and how when she reads this book she feels that peace. This gospel is so cool because it is designed to heal. Everyone has problems and the gospel has all the answers. I am so glad we talked to Kika while she was walking to her mailbox just a month ago. Heavenly Father works in mysterious ways.
We also had a great visit with Raul. He is a 15 year old recent convert. He is the only member in his family but Enrique who is a member lives with them. I am amazed at how strong Raul is. His family and life situation is rough. He doesn't receive much love from his family at all. He struggles because he is a little different than the other kids at church. Last week we asked him what the most important thing in the world is to him. He said...well my family. He went on to say...Even though they never listen to me or follow my example they are still the most important thing because they are all I have, besides being a Mormon. I asked him why being a Mormon was important to him and he said...Because now I know how to return to my Heavenly Father. I am amazed at his spiritual maturity. I don't know why such a choice spirit was sent to earth in such hard circumstances but one thing I do know is that Heavenly Father loves him and will help him. I can't put into words all the things I have learned from Raul. He is one of my greatest examples. 

We don't even know how blessed we are. Everyday I learn just a little bit more about how indebted I am to my Heavenly Father. It is mind boggling. I am so grateful for you. I don't know why I was blessing with the family and friends that I have but I am forever grateful. 

As for this next week I plan on working so hard that I will just kill over when it's over! The next time you see me I will probably look pretty run down. :) haha Keep me in your prayers this week....I'm gonna need it. Between the thousands of stray cats in the trailer parks and random breakdowns I will probably scare all the new investigators and ninos with my puffy eyes...I'll try to hold it together. :) Wish me luck! 

Love you all so much! 
Hermana England

No comments :

Post a Comment