Monday, February 3, 2014

I'm Staying In Boulder


Thumbs up to staying in Boulder!
With Hermana Stratford!



Mi familia,

Okay so transfers happened....and.....I'M STAYING IN BOULDER! YAY!! I am so happy! I feel like I need to stay with the people we have and find more people here in Boulder! And I love everyone so much here I would be so sad to leave. I really thought I was getting tranfered slash training because on Saturday morning we got a call from President Brown. I was like crap here it comes hahah but then he told us that Sister Stratford and I would be staying in Boulder together. So were like okay why did you call...He went on to tell me that he would like me to be the "Sister training leader" over the Boulder zone. (basically like a zone leader for the sisters) So I was like sure! If I can stay here and keep my companion I'll do anything. haha So that will be interesting. I will be going on exchanges with all the sisters next transfer to check in with them. I will also go to Mission Leadership Councils (MLC's) and stuff like that. We'll see what else it entails I guess :) I don't know if I am good enough for this job but the Lord qualifies who he calls. Hopefully I don't let down all the Boulder sisters haha. Oh and Rach also just got called to be STL! Best friend bonding moment. haha

Anyway all of Boulder (actually all of Colorado) is depressed because of the big loss in the Super Bowl. Especially our bishop...he wore a blue suit with bright orange tie, pocket square, socks and shoes to church. haha poor guy. But hey, maybe this humbling will open the hearts of the Boulderites. hahaha Anything will help:) At least Colorado beat the Utes in basket ball...sorry dad :)

This last  week was awesome. We have been teaching Nielee and her family really consistantly and she said that they want to be baptized!!! YAY! Unfortunately Devon is never there anymore because he got a job in Denver. But Nielee and her kids Geena and Mathew, as well as two friends they took in Carlos and Caitlyn are all wanting to be baptized! It might be a ways out because we have only taught the first two lessons but we are really excited! They were all supposed to come to church but Nielee got sick so they didn't :( We were bummed! But it was so cool because Caitlyn has made good friend with some of the young women and she called her friend to give her a ride. So she was at church. I was so proud of her. She is going to leave soon for job core (super intense...look it up) So we are so happy that she has been coming to church. I think she will get baptized before the rest of the family. She is such a good example for all of them. She goes to all the Young Women activities and reads and marks up her Book of Mormon. Ahh she so great. I love her! 

In other news this week our car almost broke down. We went to a service project in down town Boulder and had to park on a super steep hill. When we tried to get out we were stuck in the ice/snow. So we (me, Sister Clark and Sister Metzger) were pushing as Sister Stratford drove. Well long story short our car did something weird and it was accelerating at all times the car was on....with no pressure on the gas pedal. Kind of concerning. So we finally got out of the spot but the car accelerated itself up the icy hill with no feet on any petals. Luckily the brakes still worked so we were able to slow it down and pull into a parking lot. We look up and realize that it's a St. Johns baptist parking lot and there is a no parking sign. So we had to go in and be like....Hey we are Mormons and our car broke down in your parking lot. Awkward. haha but they were okay with it and Elder Jensen (mission car dude) came down that night and fixed it. So we basically had to hang out with the Louisville sisters all day...it was fun :) haha And we had to cancel our dinner with Hermana Lastiri...(Her food is ALWAYS what we call hot dog suprise....so mysterious) So we were happy about that. And we got free Chipotle because some members in Lousville ward works for their company. It was great.

Anyway I'm pretty much extremely jealous of Davis because we are suppose to have single digit tempuratures here and he is on the beach. Not fair. Also I'm sorry if I am unrecognizable in my pictures I send home; because my skin is so white it is see through. Triste! 

Love you all!!! Have a fantastic week!
Hermana England 


Family Home Evening at the Moreal's home!
(Less active family...becoming active - Booya!)
Viki (the most hyper kid you will ever meet)
Adolfo, Hermana Moreal and her cute mom visiting
from Mexico, and Hermana Stratford and me 
with the kids!


Visiting the Lastiri Family...
Alexa and Mia
(Cutest kids ever!)



 Alexa and me!
Hermana Lastiri with her Grandaughter Jemena


This pic was taken by Alexa - 
She loves to take pics with my camera!






I

No comments :

Post a Comment