Monday, December 23, 2013

Feliz Navidad!

 They have a Wahoo Fish Taco's here!
Finally made it there!

Hola Todos!

FELIZ NAVIDAD! I can't believe it is in two days! I'm so excited to talk to you guys!! :) Can not wait! 1:00 is good. Donna is okay with having dinner a little later...Beef something or other...yummy yummy. haha And I got all the instructions for skype so we should be set. Don't be having too much fun in Hawaii to come into the computer to talk to Davis and me :)

Well this last week has had its ups and downs. Eva has not found a new job and when we were over there to teach her a lesson about the Sabbath day and tithing, she got a call from her boss and had to leave. So she hasn't made too much progress since my last email. I still have faith that she will be able to keep these commandments and enjoy the blessings of baptism. It will just take time....I'm working on my patience haha
Yadira and Jasmine are doing great and we actually started teaching their little sister Becky. Becky is 14. We have taught her a few times now and she has already come such a long way! Becky is painfully shy and hardly ever speaks. She didn't know who God was and had never prayed in her life. We taught her how God loves her and knows her personally and how Jesus Christ has felt everything she has felt. It was such an amazing experience. This new concept that someone loved her and was looking out for her was so new to her. I know she felt the spirit in our lesson. We even got her to open up about some things she was grateful for...AND...SHE PRAYED! I don't think you realize how big of a deal this is. She never says anything...when we ask her questions she just covers her face with her hand and stays silent. So the fact that she prayed was amazing!!! AND after the lesson usually she doesn't say anything but this time she said with a big smile..."Thank you for teaching me how to pray." That was the greatest Christmas present I could have received. To bring someone the knowledge of their Father and redeemer. My purpose as a missionary became very real to me. I am so grateful to be a missionary right now. There is no greater Christmas present I could ever receive than doing this work. People ask me if it is hard being away from home and my family and honestly it is not. I miss you guys alot but I feel such a sense of purpose here that I have never ever felt before in my life and nothing could be better. I have never felt so much joy. Anyway we will hopefully teach their whole family soon. We have talked with the Mom and Dad and they said they would love to have us teach their whole family. We actually had an appointment to teach all of them but the mom forgot so we just taught Becky again...but we have their number...and we know where they live...they can run but they can't hide...(Sorry I'm like 100 percent more creepy as a missionary).

OKAY! I HAVE AN IDEA!...Like I have said, serving others and doing missionary work is amazingly rewarding and makes Christmas time and any time magical!...SOooo...This is what I want as a Christmas present from ALL of you (not just my family but anyone reading this email...that means you cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents, friends, ward members, everyone!) I challenge you to pray and seek out missionary opportunities, make a plan and ACT, then write me and tell me about it! Okay?! It doesn't have to be huge. It can even be as small as mentioning church when someone asks you about your weekend. But then write me and tell me about it...It's not fair you guys get to hear my experiences every week but I don't get to hear yours :) haha so It's your turn. I wanna hear em! (macy.england@myldsmail.net)

Well everyone, I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and remember the true meaning. We celebrate not only Christ's birth but his life as well. He has given us everything. And like Davis said I'm gonna give him my all this year.

Feliz Navidad!

I love you all so much!
Hermana England

Elf quotes for Christmas...
"I'm siiiining...I'm in a store and Im singiiiiiiing...I'm in a store AND I'M SINGIIIIIIIING!" 

"We elves try to stick to the four main food groups...candy, candy canes, cany corns, and syrup!"

"Kids down south don't believe in Santa anymore....Well who do they think puts the presents under the trees?....It's rumored that the parents do it.....That's rediculous!"

"SON OF A NUTCRACKER"

"THESE TOILETS ARE GINORMOUS" 

Hermana Stratford helping to build the Nacimiento!
(Traditional nativity scene Latino's make every year)
I was so scared at first that we were making a 
Santa Maria shrine...luckily not a Mary in sight, few!
The finished product...It was made out of lots
of dollar store steels...kind of crazy
and a little ugly but they LOVED it!
My first Nacimiento making experience!
Dani and Honorato with their Nacimiento!
(Dani is a recent convert and Honorato
is a potential investigator!)
Dani's kids...Paula, Christopher and Brandon

#Stateside :)

No comments :

Post a Comment