Tuesday, September 9, 2014

He Always Had A Smile



Hermanas para siempre
We love our bracelets - Thx mom!



Dean-o...He always had a smile!

Family,

Wow I don't know what to say. I just read the email about Dean-o and my heart is so heavy for the Coffey family. I can't begin to tell you how sorry I am for your loss. You are in my prayers. I don't really understand things like this. Things that are really hard. But I do know that Heavenly Father has a plan. The biggest thing I remember about Dean was that he was ALWAYS happy. He was truly an inspiring person. I remember he always had a smile! He is one of the greatest Christ like examples I have ever seen. I never heard him say anything negative about anyone....or anything negative in general. His love for others, life and the gospel was so evident just in the way he was. He will be missed. I am so grateful we all have the knowledge of the Plan of Salvation.

I'm having a hard time remembering about my week now but Ill do my best...

So to explain more about transfers...Last transfer we had three companionships in the branch, two sets of Elders and Hermana Snow and I. So when transfers came around we found out that one of the sets of Elders was being swept out (both being transferred) and that we would be getting 2 new sisters to replace them. Well THEN we found out that Hermana Snow and I were being split up and we were both staying in the branch and receiving new companions. So now there are two sets of sisters and one set of Elders in the branch. All three companionships have the same geographical area here in Greeley but each has it's own "area" meaning they have their own area book and their own investigators and less actives. Before all this I got a call from President Brown and he asked me to "take a new assignment"...I was like oh great I'm being sent Wheatland Wyoming!!!! haha but luckily that wasn't the case. But he told me that I would be the one taking over the Elders area. So Hermana Vargha and I are being swept in....meaning we are both brand new to the area and know nothing about any of the people. Well unfortunately the Elders that were here before were not exactly diligent in their missionary work....aside from one or two teaching records the area book hasn't been updated in months...missionaries not updating their records....I thought that was a joke...what!?!?! So we basically are staring this area from scratch. And the hardest part is that the area that Hermana Snow and I have been having SO MUCH success in is right in front of me! I pass by my investigators and less active's houses everyday and I cant visit them. It breaks my heart! AND we are sharing a car!!! Which means we are on foot most of the week...all our investigators live on the other side of town...not cool. But like I said last week I have felt so much peace that this is exactly where we need to be. I had a big slice of humble pie. Even though this is a tough situation if I just take myself out of the equation it is the best thing ever!! Think about it...all the people I LOVE so much here are going to be taken care of by Hermana Snow and Hermana Luke. AND we get to find MORE prepared people here who are ready to receive the gospel! The branch is going to grow (we want to become a ward:)) and more people will come unto Christ. Nothing could be better! Hermana Vargha and are hitting the pavement running! It's been a slightly rough start but we have seen so many miracles!

One huge miracle is that we found Yamilet. Yamilet is a 14 year old girl that we found when we were contacting a potential. She is SO PREPARED!!! We taught her the first lesson and the spirit was so strong. We invited her to be baptized and she said she would pray about it. The next lesson (the next day) We read the intro to the Book of Mormon with her and invited her to be baptized on the 27th of September. She accepted willingly, and in her closing prayer she told Heavenly Father that she thinks that this is what He wants for her. She is only 14 but she has an amazing understanding of gospel principles! We taught her how Heavenly Father loves us so much and in the next lesson she said that this knowledge helped her to be patient and forgiving after her and her sister got in a fight. She is already seeing how the gospel applies to her! The only thing is that her mom doesn't want her to be baptized because she was baptized in the catholic church already. :( We have an appointment to teach the whole family in about a week and I pray that their hearts will be softened. Yamilet also came to church by herself. Her dad drove her. We think she really enjoyed it and we are fasting and praying that her family will accept the gospel as well.

Oh updates on others: Guadalupe!...Can't believe I havn't told you yet!! So Hermana Martinez talked to us the Monday after Guadalupe left and she gave us some great news! I guess the day after she got to California (Sunday) she got up and got ready for church all on her own and made her daughter take her to church!!! WHAT?? There is no Spanish church there so she just went to the English ward (Hermana Martinez has a friend in the ward who speaks both languages and helped her out) And she LOVED IT! The fist thing she said to Hermana Martinez on the phone is "Everybody loves me there!" Haha she is so funny. Such a spunky lady especially for being in her 80s. Hermana Martinez's friend is going to drive her every week! AND she said she still wants to be baptized. We are trying to figure out if we can someway some how get Spanish missionaries over there. Still working on it. HUGE MIRACLE!!!

Lily and her girls: They came to church and the girls came to a baptism! :) I am so excited! I pray I will still be here when they get baptized...I think I will!!! 

Oh I got released as Sister Training leader. President calls and releases a lot to give other missionaries a change to serve in a leadership position. I will miss it because of all the amazing things I learned from the sisters but I am SO grateful too...because this area needs ALL of our time and effort and attention to get it going!

Well those are my updates. Keep me updated on things at home. 

Coffey family I love you and am praying for you!

Hermana England



White toes...problmesas de las Hermana Missionaries!


Go Broncos!  In our Denver Bronco's shirts...
AND, Hermana Luke said she could fit in
our very small bed hole..
we said she couldn't - then she did!


Hermana Snow and Hermana Luke moving out
of the apartment (with her toilet paper)
...saddest day of my life
(Okay, not the saddest
but it was sad!)


No comments :

Post a Comment