Friday, July 12, 2013

I'm In Colorado!


Hey Fam!

I'M IN COLORADO! And It's awesome!!!! It is beautiful here! Yesterday we went right from the airport to the stake center in Fort Collins. We ate lunch did TONS of orientaion...then...I MET MY TRAINER! Her name is Hermana Hill and she is going to be amazing! She is so driven and excited about the work here. My first area is Longmont (In Colorado) and Hermana Hill was here last transfer so we have a bunch of investigators already. Anyway last night we also ate dinner at the stake center as well and then headed off to our areas. We were out all night taking other girls to their apartments and getting our cell phone..(they were left in another area) We didn't get to our place until 10ish so I hurried and half way unpacked, we had our first comp prayer and we went to bed.

Today we woke up bright and early to helped a sister in our ward set up tables for a flower arranging class she was having, and right after that we went to serve. We do service every week at the Our Center, which is a food donation place. We helped stack cans and do bar codes. A bunch of elders and sisters from our district come and do the service with us so it was a lot of fun! Plus they give us free food after because they usually have too much of some things.

We had our first apointment at 2 and I was SO EXCITED...and then...she canceled...:(....I was so sad! But hopefully we will get her in this week. So our REAL first appointment is in about an hour! AH! Wish me luck! I'm so excited! We have about half and half with English and Spanish speaking investigators right now I think. And Hermana Hill's spanish is amazing! She is actually a visa waiter and will eventually go to Argentina. She's been waiting for 3 months already...bless her heart.

We live with a member couple that is amazing! Dave and Liz Neilsen. They are the nicest people you will ever meet! So great! We are really lucky! Freaky thing here...there are Bats...a lot of bats...that fly really low. We're outside the stake center last night and I swear.....the bat cave was near. CREEPY!
Ok I have to go. I'll email again on Pday which is Monday.

Love, Hermana England

PS. I'll just forward you the email they sent me with the mission office address. You send all your mail there and they forward it to us. OH, and by the way they cannot forward packages to me unless you send them priorty mail or first class mail. If you send them regularly or through other things like Fedex or UPS then I have to wait like a month usually before I go to the mission office. So send all packages priority or first class. THANKS LOVE YOU!

No comments :

Post a Comment