Monday, November 4, 2013

God Is A God Of Miracles


Our Pumpkins...
Faith, Repentance, Baptism and the gift of the Holy Ghost


Hola mi familia!

Wow it was good to hear from you this week! I love reading your emails. It reminds me that I'm not in this alone. I have a whole team behind me! :) Thank you so much! I love you guys! I can't even believe this is the last week of the transfer! Ahh I hate transfers, they make me sooo nervous! I really hope I stay here in Longmont with Hermana Snow! Keep your fingers crossed! I would be heart broken if I had to leave my investigators here. I love them so much!

So there is a lot going on here. We just had stake conference where Elder Robert C. Gay was here by assignment! Him and Pres. and Sister Brown were at our stake conference. The whole adult session was only on missionary work!! It was amazing! The whole stake was a little chastised by Elder Gay...but in a good way! I hope the members take it seriously and get involved because we can't do it with out them! Seriously we can't do this with out the members! Anyway, we are also hearing from Elder Gay at a mission tour with him on Tuesday. That is basically a zone conference but more awesome because a general authority is there. I'm so excited! Elder Gay gave one of our Tuesday night devotionals when I was in the MTC so it was so cool to shake his hand and thank him for all the incredible inspiration he has given me in my mission. Man his words are powerful! I'm so excited for Tuesday!!! 

I'm glad you all had a good Halloween! I loved the pics you sent mom! :) Cute costumes everyone! Loved em all! bummed I didn't see one of dad as George Washington again...that was awesome! My Halloween was also so much fun! I'll send off some pics this week. We had to be in by 6, but Dave and Liz signed up for dinner so we ate with them and carved pumpkins :) Unfortunately Liz was out of town but it was fun with Dave...just wait to see how awesome our pumpkins are! :)

Man it is hard to hear about Chandler! I hope his family has been feeling the comfort from our prayers! I have been praying for Chandler and his family all week. I know that miracles are possible! We actually witnessed one this week! I'll tell you a little bit about it...So we have been continuing to meet with Bertina. She is progressing really well! We re-brought up chastity and she actually did understand when we first taught her! haha so we talked about her and Larry and she said they have been talking about marriage!! So anyway we planned our next meeting with her and for some reason we really felt like we needed to bring a member. Our next visit was on a Wednesday night and Rocio Nelson (a woman in the Spanish group) had previously told us that Wednesday nights were terrible for her...but we felt like we should ask her anyway so we did. Her response was so quick...she said Yes! That works out perfect!...Miracle already! So we brought Rocio to the lesson, planning to teach the word of wisdom. We got there and just started chatting with her. She seemed like she had been having a really hard week so we were just letting her talk and open up about it...She told us how a while ago she found a lump in her breast and It has been growing extremely rapidly. Bertina works in health care and she used to do hospice for this woman who was dying of cancer and she said her lump felt exactly the same as hers and grew just as rapidly. So she went in and got it checked out, the doctors said that they couldn't tell exactly what it was until they ran further tests but it did not look good. So her appointment to run the tests was the next day and she was extremely nervous. We asked her if she would like a priesthood blessing. Rocio was able to explain to her what a priesthood blessing is and how powerful they are. Rocio also explained that she had been through similar situations and the blessings and power of baptism and the holy ghost really helped her through it! It was so powerful! Bertina wanted the priesthood blessing so Rocio was able to call her husband and he was able to get there quickly with another member of the ward to give her a blessing. The blessing was simple and powerful! The room was filled with the spirit. Bertina had tears running down her face during the blessing. And after she said she had never felt that way before. Rocio and the men left and we had one last prayer with Bertina. Then we left...waiting to hear the news the next day. We got a text from Bertina the next day that said this..."Did my exam and everything is good! Thankyou! I know it was all the blessing from God and it was his hand over me at the time Thank you! Please let sister Rocio know."...We knew that a miracle had happened! The power of the priesthood is real. God is a God of miracles! Keep the faith! Chandler can do this!

I have been a witness of many miracles like this on my mission. With our investigator Mariana we were able to give her a priesthood blessing and allow her to feel the peace and truthfulness of the gospel. Mariana passed away. But through this she was able to feel of that power of God and her family is now receiving the fullness of the gospel! Bertina was healed and she is now receiving the fullness of the gospel. Both are miracles. One may be harder than the other but they are both Miracles! If there is one thing I have learned on my mission it is that the will of God doesn't always make sense to us, but it is always the right way. Have faith. Miracles will happen. We have the infinite power of the Atonement available to us. And with that we can align our will with the Fathers. Bodies can be healed and hearts can be healed. Have faith. With God everything is possible!

My prayers will continue to be with them. And everyone else at home who is going through a hard time. Just remember that simple message of our Savior Jesus Christ. I love that quote from Elder Holland that says..."Some blessings come soon, some come late, and some don't come till Heaven, but for those who embrace the gospel of Jesus Christ they come."

I love you all so much! Mom, Dad, sibs, aunts, uncles, cousins, friends...all of you. I am so grateful for you! I feel your love!

Love, Hermana England



Having fun with stuff from Hermana Snow's
Halloween package...
(pretty sure the sign doesn't make gramatical
sense..."Baptized Sir" - haha)







More pics of our awesome pumpkins
Faith, Repentance, Baptism, 
The Gift of The Holy Ghost and Endure to the End!




No comments :

Post a Comment